Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day!

As you can see... I'm feeling very patriotic today... Unfortunately, the moment that our new president was sworn into office, I was in Civil Procedure trying vainly to both listen to the lecture at hand, and watch MSNBC News on my lap top. I think my teacher might have noticed my only "half attention" attitude, because he called on me to ask a question! Curses! I faked my way through an answer, but by the time the grilling was over, so was the inaguration. Dang it. Thank goodness for internet and replays!

I'm excited and optimistic about President Obama and all that he's bringing to the table. No, he's not exactly what I want in a president . . . but then again, who really has it all? Honestly? It would be impossible to elect a president that pleases every single American individually. I'm encouraged by his attitude for change and am impressed with many of his platforms (again, not all of them, but enough to be excited). And I also think it's a wonderful achievment that America has been able to move past the racial violence and tensions that have tainted our history for generations. A man should not be elected president based on the color of his/her skin: black or white. But I'm thrilled that we have a president that is both a good man, AND one who can prove to the world that America is a place of change and optimism.

And say whatever you want about his politics, but you have to admit, he's a good man who loves his family. It was so sweet watching him with his wife and girls today. I got all teary eyed watching them dance! You can really tell they're in love! (Won't that be a White House change?!) God Bless America!

2 comments:

Kristen Cook said...

Good grief! You even did a MUCH better post than me!

I meant to do a post earlier, but time just flies when you have a baby ... and are moving the next day ... and just a lil' lazy! ;o)

But my post has a picture of our stud muffin Pres, so ha! And all I had to say to express all that I wanted to was: GO OBAMA!

:o) You're awesome! Love ya!

I'll have internet within a couple weeks at most, I hope ... then ... Blogger-Kristen will be back! (And you have to say that last sentence with a "terminator" accent!)

:o) Love ya!

Alice said...

Thanks so much for your positive outlook, Jules! Since I'm living in a pretty conservative area, the people here didn't seem to really get into the inauguration spirit like we did. I really enjoyed your post, and that's a cute picture of them dancing too! :)