Monday, July 6, 2009

Couldn't put it down...

I can't help it... I have another recommendation for all of you! This book,Warbreaker, is by Brandon Sanderson. Sanderson actually works at BYU as a creative writing professor. I'm kicking myself for not having discovered him before I graduated because he's quite possibly one of my new favorite authors... okay forget "new," he's been one of my favorites for a while now! If you'll think back to January, I posted another reccomendation for the series called Mistborn. This is the same author. He is fabulously original and his works are like a breath of fresh air to the science fantasy world. I highly reccommend this book to anyone who needs a good summer read. I couldn't put it down!

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Em said...

Did you know Brandon Sanderson or "Bran Dawg" and I are practically best friends? Yep. He dated my old roommate for a while. That was back in the day when he was in the process of publishing Elantris, and wondering if he'd ever be able to earn a living as a writer. Ha ha ha. I still wonder how that book ends, 'cause he explained enough of the plot to me to make me curious. You make me want to actually read his stuff. =)

Julie said...

Em... SWEET!!! You know him?! I'm jealous ( : I'm a big fan of his work! I'd HIGHLY recomend it to anyone! You should most definitely pick up some of his books. They're addicting (almost at a "Twighlight" level!) Elantris is good, but I have to say that his Mistborn series is probably my favorite, followed VERY closely by his new book, Warbreaker. I'm still totally geeking out here that you know him... that's so cool!