Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow days!

On Monday evening it started snowing.....
...... and snowing...............

......and snowing........
......................and snowing................

............and snowing..............................

.... and snowing.....

...........and snowing.......

It snowed from Monday night until the wee hours of Wednesday morning! Oh, did I also mention, it snowed most of Sunday as well? Our back porch looked a little something like this:



School was cancled for Tuesday afternoon (a real pain in the butt for the law students, who had to have exams reschedueled) and school was also cancled for all day today (Wednesday). I was supposed to have an exam this morning, so I'm not exactly thrilled about it. Rob and Lisa, on the other hand, were both thrilled. As an undergrad, Lisa's finals don't start until next week, so all she had was canceld class. And Rob got out of work early on Tuesday and didn't have to be into work until noon today. As for me... sleeping in was nice... but lets face it, wouldn't YOU rather just get your finals over with, rather than drag out the impending doom??

6 comments:

Sondra said...

Oh I am almost jealous! I am happy it doesn't snow here, but I do wish we had snow for Christmas and Christmas only :) PS I love the main picture on your blog it is so cute!

Em T said...

Bless the south. When I think it's too cold I check the weather other places to make myself feel better. Thanks to your pictures, I don't have to check out the weather in Orangeville, ON where I spent a stinkin cold winter:)

Em said...

I didn't know they did snow days at the college level!

Rob said...

It is true that my snow day here was just doing law classes and not finals....but I'm still the kind of person that loves them no matter what.....I would like to get finals over (I was done the 11th) BUT I'm always hoping for a little more study time depending on when the next one is. Though that would suck having to study on a snow day.....hmmm.....I don't know where I stand on this, I see both sides.....is that too much of a lawyer answer?

Julie said...

Rob--Haha... you crack me up! Us pre-lawyers are way to analytical sometimes, even over a snow day ( : good times.

Em--I know what you mean. I love the snow, but sometimes I just wish it would be warm all the time. Southern California, anyone?

Em2--Yes, indeed. Snow day in college AND during finals week. What a drag.

Sondra--thanks! I think a snow pic would be cute too... 'cept that would require going out in the snowy cold to TAKE the pic. Mmmm... not sure how I'd feel about that one ( :

alexandria said...

Ok where is the post about Christmas? And more importantly the London party?