Sunday, February 21, 2010

I love you!

This is coming a little late... but Happy Valentine's Day! I love Valentine's Day!! What a day to express love and gratitude to the ones we love. Do I need a holiday to give me an exuse to tell my man how much I love him? No way! But is it nice to have one? Absolutely!

I've never quite understood the animosity that some people feel towards this "fake" holiday...

why is this day--set aside specifically for the purpose of showing the ones we love how much we appreciate them--so frowned upon? Rob says the only people who hate Valentine's Day are single people.... maybe. Maybe not. I know a few who aren't single who hate it, so that can't be ENTIRELY true. Or perhaps its because it's a Hershey/Hallmark conspiracy? Could be. But then again, doesn't the corporate world--as a general rule of thumb--seek to take advantage of EVERY holiday? What makes V-day so special and different that we feel the need to hate it so badly. I don't know! For any Valentine's Day haters out there reading this... if you hate the holiday, PLEASE SHARE! I'm genuinely curious of your reasons!

In any event, I had a good holiday. And here are a few pictures from our festivities:

Now with all these festive, heart-warming acts of kindness... how can you really hate Valentine's Day??

5 comments:

alexandria said...

Im actually surprised that you like Valentines day! I could see you leading the protest against it but Im glad you arent! You are so creative with all your hearts and streamers! I love V-day too, how could you not love a holiday centered around chocolate?!!

Ashley said...

My favorite is how you posed for the picture in the mirror! You are adorable! You did alot more to celebrate it than I did, but I think we hit the essentials... :)

Julie said...

Al... you thought I hated Valentine's Day?! Pshaw... please girl friend, (as you pointed out...) how could I hate the international day of chocolate?!

And Ash... I thought the bracelett was cute! You have an awesome man too!! ( :

Brady and Karen said...

I feel exactly the same way. I don't really understand why people REFUSE to buy flowers or at least give their loves a little something special. I get it that people feel it is a "created" holiday, but aren't all holidays created? Honestly. What's so terrible about celebrating love one more day of the year??????

Julie said...

Amen, Karen. Amen!