Saturday, May 30, 2009

My WICKED birthday post!

Rob is pretty good with surprises. As Allie and Co. know well... at one point he even flew to Paris to surprise me with a proposal. But Rob is also really good with presents. I feel like such a schmuck because his birthday presents to me are always SO good, and mine to him suck in comparison! This year was, once again, no different!

So Rob has been giving me these hints for the past month now on what my birthday present was. I knew it came by mail... it topped the other presents spectacularly... it yellow and blue (or a combo of the two--as I figured out later)... and he gave me the words "ancho via" in Spanish to chew on for a while. To be honest, I had no earthly clue what he was talking about.

But the morning of my birthday came and Rob made me breakfast--blackberry waffles, yum!--and then we opened presents. They were all awesome... a yoga mat, smell goods (lotion, candles, etc.) but nothing that even closely resembled any of the clues he gave me. So I cornered him on it. He got this big goofy "Rob grin" on his face and said that there was a mess up in the mail and so I would have to wait til our anniversary to get that present. I begged him to tell me (I had been waiting for SO long that I wanted to know at this point!) but he just kept grinning with that silly "Rob grin" and didn't say anything.

Well later that day I was supposed to meet Rob in Omaha. He had to work there that day and I was going to meet him there for dinner. During dinner he was still acting so weird and I also couldn't figure out why the restaraunt we went to was overcrowded with people. I mean, come on, it was a Wednesday night! What's the occasion?! When I asked Rob if he had any ideas he just smiled that big goofy "Rob grin" and shrugged. Well, after dinner, Rob suggested we go for a walk and see if there was anything else we wanted to do in Omaha before we left. I pretty much figured he had something up his sleeve by this point, cause he was grinning like a fool and acting all weird. So I told him I thought he had something planned already and he just grinned and said "Really? you think?" Oh yeah... something was DEFINITELY up.

Anyway, we're walking down the street and all the sudden we're passing one of Omaha's big theatres. There are all these posters for future productions and I start naming them all off "Cats.... Stomp..." etc. trying to figure out if it was a show we were going to be going to, when all the sudden I spotted it: the Wicked poster!!!

I knew that was what Rob had planned as soon as I saw the poster! I started squealing and I'm pretty sure there might have been some dancing up and down going on. Rob told me to open my purse, and inside there was two Wicked tickets!!! I was so surprised! I didn't even know Wicked was playing in Omaha!! Anyway, needless to say, Rob was tickled that he surprised me like that again, and we BOTH quite thoroughly enjoyed the production! (Okay, I won't lie, I LOVED it!)

Sine we got back so late, we had birthday cake the next day... ...so it was almost like having TWO birthdays! ( : Haha. Anyway, it was amazing! The best birfday EVER!!

6 comments:

Sylvi said...

THATS IS SO COOL!!!!! That is SO not fair! I am so jelous! Tell Rob that is such an AMAZING present!!! Ugg, I am jelous!

Em said...

So fun! Happy Birthday!

Emily Gibbons said...

That's awesome! Way to go Rob!

Sondra said...

Lucky!! I LOVED Wicked. I would like to see it again. And Rob is awesome at surprises he should give Lars a few tips. Your Rob and my brother Rob. Must be the name! Happy late birthday by the way!

Natalie and Steve said...

Steve asks that Rob stop showing him up. :D
I think he's doing great though.

Julie said...

Nat-

I'll pass along the message ( : heehee!