Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dude.... where's my band??

Notre Dame wide receiver Golden Tate scored the winning touchdown in Saturday's victory over Michigan State, but what has everyone talking about Tate three days later isn't the score itself, it's the way he celebrated afterward: Tate did a flying leap into the Michigan State band.

Tate explained that as he launched himself into mid-air, he was thinking it was the Notre Dame band he was going to celebrate with:

"I thought the people were going to catch me, but I forgot that was Michigan State's band," Tate said. "And, like, I jumped up and they scattered real quick and there was the ground hitting me hard."

Heehee...whoops! Blonde moment!

2 comments:

Rob said...

So that was one of my favorite videos/stories, thank you so much for posting it!

Julie said...

No prob! I was laughing my head off watching it and I couldn't help but share the joy!