Monday, October 25, 2010

What would I do without my sissy?

I don't know what I'm going to do when Rob and I move away and Lisa no longer lives with us. I believe my blog will truly suffer. This is because Lisa is just FULL of plenty of funny (she would say "embarrasing") stories to write about (remember the burned boiled eggs??). When I move away I'll really have to put in the extra effort to keep up on the embarrassing story circuit. Her latest funny story involves this injury: We were making chicken curry last Sunday. Lisa was supposed to be steaming the chicken, carrots and onions in the big pot. The lid was on and the pot was steaming. I turn around for five seconds and all the sudden there is this huge crash as the pot lid falls to the flour. I turn around to find my sister half laughing half crying and holding her arm in pain.

Me: "Lisa! What happened?!"
Lisa: "I burned myself!"
Me [confused]: "How?"
Lisa: "I don't want to tell you, you'll laugh at me!"
Me: [death glare]
Lisa: "I wanted to make the pot look like a dragon."
Me: "Eh??"
Lisa: "Well, if I opened the lid just a crack, all the steam would come on the one side, and it'd look like a mouth blowing fire. Like a dragon!!"

Oh dear.

For those of you who don't quite get the visual, she wanted to make the pot look like this:Don't worry, I didn't quite get it at first either.

Apparently in the process of cracking the lid in order to make the pot spew steam like a dragon, Lisa burned her arm. Heehee. I know I should feel sorry that she has a huge burn on her arm, but I just can't stop laughing!

And in light of Lisa's mishap with the dragon lid, and this picture I took of Rob:I gotta wonder... are we all really just kids at heart?!