Saturday, October 2, 2010

Picture Vomit

Here are a whole bunch of pictures I just haven't had the time to upload until today. Enjoy!

I'm sorry Sherie and Trent, but Rob IS a Yankees fan ( : Luckily, the Yankees happened to be playing the Kansas City royals ON his birthday, so I took him to a game:

Unfortunately, it was a bad weekend for weather. After the game was delayed for rain three times, we finally left. Those other pictures were snapped JUST as the rain began. This is what the field looked like most of the time we were there:

You can't see it very well, but it happens to be POURING! Luckily, Rob was still able to enjoy his funnel cake:

Although the game was rained out and--unfortunately--the Yankees ended up losing, we still had a grand time in Kansas City. We stayed in this adorable little bed and breakfast and spent the next day shopping and sight seeing in KA City. Here's a picture of us in front of the art museum:

Later, we enjoyed cake and ice cream with friends back at our apartment in Lincoln! Yum!

In other news, Rob FINALLY talked me into reading glasses. I refused for so long because--of course--glasses are for OLD people!! But when my headaches wouldn't go away, I finally decided to give it a shot. He dragged me down to Walgreens and I picked out the cutest, NON-old person glasses I could find. Lucky me, I haven't had a headache problem since! An appointment with the eye doctor is pending.

We also had a big project sanding and staining one of our bookcases. This wasn't NEARLY as backbreaking and time consuming as the table we stained in April (didn't get pictures of it, but Lisa and I definitely did all the work on that one!! Rob was a lazy butt...) but it still took the better part of a Saturday. Here's the before:

And the after... TA DA!!

Pretty spiffy, eh? Yeah, I thought so too!

And, as it does EVERY fall season, the TV now seems to be on non-stop every Saturday for college football game day. I love my Cougars, I always will, but I have to admit the game day excitement is quickly losing its luster for me. ESPECIALLY after that heart braking, embarrassingly painful game yesterday against the Aggies. I probably won't show my head in public for a while, but nonetheless, we still love our boys in blue:

The Huskers, on the other hand, seem to be rolling pretty high on the hog, which makes miss Lisa quite happy, thank you very much: We went to her homecoming parade last weekend and I enjoyed snapping and editing pictures of her in her band uni.

I couldn't help feeling like my dad, though... I remember my good ol' days in the BYU Marching Band and seeing my dad scramble down the sidewalk trying to keep up with the parade march so he could snap pictures of me. Funny now I'm the one scrambling to keep up! Rob and I had a good time supporting Lisa:

And Lisa and I had a good time goofing off afterwards! I love you, Sissy!

Anyway, that's about it picture wise! Right now Rob is pretty busy with work. He'll be traveling quite a bit during October (I'm jealous!), while I'm pretty busy with law school, applying for the bar, editing my book AND tackling cub scouts (my new calling). There's hardly a dull moment around here anymore! We love it! I'll try not to let it go too long without posting pictures from now on ( :

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So glad to see some pictures and get an update! Cub scouts, huh? I just got promoted from sunbeams to young women's secretary, which I'm fine with!

Brady and Karen said...

I like your pictures. I've never done any editing (besides the occasional removal of sweat stains in hiking pictures...). I need to play around with it.

I'm done dedicating my Saturdays to BYU Football this year. I'm watching OSU this year, and I'll catch the Cougars next year when our QB is no longer a true freshman, our receivers can catch, and our defense doesn't get walked all over.

Julie said...

Thanks, Karen! Yeah... I started out with the basic editing stuff too, but the more I learned the more fun it got to transform a picture! Now its hard not to mess with like ALL pictures! Haha. I probably still have a long way to go, though ( :

And I agree, I'm finished wasting my Saturdays. I hate to be such a fair weather fan, but really? I'm not going to spend 5 hours on a Saturday watching BYU get wallopped! I love my Cougs, but I just can't watch such painful, pitiful losses. We'll see how next season goes...

Sondra said...

I LOVE all your pictures!!! And I also love the bookcase, it looks amazing. I wish I were crafty haha. And I finally did a new post, only because of your request :)