Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sunken Gardens


I thought this place was so pretty, I had to post pictures of it! It's just this random park in the middle of Lincoln called the Sunken Gardens. I'm pretty sure that it's called "sunken" because it really feels like it has just sunk down into the ground. There are busy streets and traffic going on all around you, but the gardnes are sunk down into the ground so you don't even notice it. It's absolutely gorgeous... like being in a fairy tale!

Now tell me that isn't cool... it's the ceiling to this really sweet looking gazebo. I wanted to get the whole ceiling in the picture, but that was pretty much impossible, even when I laid down on my back ( :




So there was actually a sign that said "please don't feed the fish" right next to Rob. I guess it doesn't really count if you're feeing them leaves you found off the ground, eh?

2 comments:

Em said...

we visited a fish hatchery this summer which was dottedby signs of "don't feed the fish." Encouraging grass hopper to "jump in" the water doesn't count either right?

Looks like a gorgeous place!

Natalie and Steve said...

And you thought Nebraska wasn't pretty...