Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shoulda, woulda, coulda....

So I used to be in the marching band. Yeah. I know. Nerd. But it was fun; we competed and did all sorts of cool stuff. And despite the nerdiness, we were pretty hard core. Let me lay out my fall high school band scheduel for you:

5:45 am-early morning practice (drummers had to be there 15 minutes early)
8:00am-first hour: drumline
10:00 am-second hour: marching band
Tuesday at 3:00pm-snare sectionals
Wenesday at 5:00pm-evening practice
Thursday at 3:00pm-drumline practice
Friday at 7:00-11:00pm-game days
Saturdays (all day)-competitions

And as if we weren't all completely exauhsted from eating, sleeping and breathing marching band 24/7, my band directer used to always say (among other things), "It's crunch time. It's crunch time. Shoulda, woulda, coulda won't cut it."

And I got to thinkin' about that this week... "Should woulda coulda won't cut it." And I thought to myself:

Tomorrow, when I'm in my Civil Procedure final (3 hours long... not quite as long as the 3 1/2 hour Torts exam on Monday) and I get stummped on question 5 when it asks about right to a jury trial, and the REASON I don't know the answer is because I spent all my study time blogging instead of studying, does "shoulda, woulda, coulda" cut it in that situation?

Maybe I should stop blogging and start studdying....

3 comments:

Alice said...

Good luck!

Farnsaki said...

Whoa. Your band schedule was pretty intense!!! Rock whatever finals you've got left Julie :)

Julie said...

Thanks, Aleeece and Aric ( :