Monday, March 29, 2010

Sharing the Love

As always, I feel the need to share the love on some of the literary works of genius I've recently come across. If you're looking for something to break up the boring monotony of life, try a book! Here are a couple good ones I've read recently:

The first is Bloodroot, by Amy Greene
And the second is called The Help, by Kathryn StockettBoth are first time, debut authors, who have defied the odds and gone and gotten themselves on the best seller lists! I feel a weird connection to people like that... When I hear about the success of first time authors I want to point and say: "See! See! Look! People CAN do it!" Or more appropriately: "See, look if they can do it, so can I!" In any event, if you need a good read, I highly recommend both of these works. They are fabulous!

3 comments:

Larkin Family said...

I absolutely loved The Help! It was amazing. I will have to check out Bloodroot...I'm always looking for a good read!

Em said...

sweet. I'll have to check them out. I really need to read more fiction!

Julie said...

I know, wasn't The Help just fabulous?! Loved it! Bloodroot was equally good (I thought) so you should def check it out!

Em... you should check BOTH of them out!