Saturday, May 15, 2010

The first day of a Looooong summer...

I've been absent from the blogging arena for a while. But you already know that. Finals are sort of an all-emcompasing event that greatly effect both your pre AND post final activities. BEFORE finals you're so busy studying that you don't really have the time for anything else (or else you just don't want to spend the precious free time that you have doing silly things like blogging! Sleep is better...) and AFTER finals you're so preoccupied binging on laziness that you literally don't get out of bed for anything! But I'm back, dear friends! I know, you were worried...

Anyway, today marks the beginning of a VERY long summer for me. For a variety of reasons that I won't bother getting into right now, I was unable to get a job in Nebraska. However, I did manage to score quite a nice internship in Pocatello. The pay was good, the experience was good, just about the only thing that was NOT good was the location! Still, it was too good to pass up. So for the next 91 days (yes, I'm counting) I will be working in Idaho. Flying solo. Rob-free. Gah. This sucks.

Still, it IS fun to see the fam. They were very sweet welcoming me home! After a ridiculously scary flight into SLC airport (lots of turbulents!) my in-laws spoiled me with Mexican food, pedicure and a movie (Robbin Hood). Then it was off to Idaho! As I walked in the front door, I was welcomed with screeches of "Julie! Julie! JULIE!" Lets be honest, its hard NOT to be tickled pink when a bunch of cute little kids are excited to see you! There were welcome banners on the front door, my bedroom door and a ridiculously awesome "Robbie countdown" on my bedroom wall. Here are a few pics from the first day of my loooong summer:

Cool "welcome home" banner on the front door
The parent's casa... my home away from home for the summerPretty tulips in the front yardDan the dog... what a big nose you have, Dan.. All the better for smelling with! Heehee.And my personal favorite... my Robbie countdown... mom's idea and expertly executed by her and Sylvi! Thanks guys! You're the best!!!

Wish me luck! 91 days and counting...

4 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

I can't believe you are doing this...AGAIN! Is he going to fly out and see you?

Em T said...

That stinks. Good luck, woman.

Natalie and Steve said...

You have long hair again!

Julie said...

Karen: I know. Seriously. I sold my soul for a good internship and nice pay. AND IT SUCKS!

Em: Thanks. I need it!

Nat: Yes, I do! My hair just grows stikin' fast... if I cut it now, it'd be this lenght again in 6 months to a year ( :