Sunday, May 23, 2010

Time passes slowly...

...but only when you want it to go fast. I never knew how long one week really was!

But don't worry, there was only ONE emotional "I-miss-Rob" break-down moment this week. And several factors probably played into that besides just plain sappniess. One of those factors was that I had just finished watching Gone with the Wind (an INREDIBLY sad movie... I mean seriously, Scarlet, way to screw up your life!) and I was exahusted. Those factors combined, along with the countdown on my wall displaying WAY too many empty hearts (I color in a heart every day til I go home) just made for an emotional night. But I count myself lucky that there was only ONE emotional night!

Other than the lonliness that inevitable follows when you're separated from your BBF for life it was a pretty good week! I started a new job... and with that of course, came all the stresses and awkward moments that come with new jobs. Other than calling my boss--whom I affectionately refer to as "Boss Man"--"mean" (yes, I really did call him "mean" to his face) I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start! I did find out that I absolutely HATE mediation (long boring hours on end trying to come up with a settlement agreement... I mean really... two lawyers trying to agree on something... oh yeah, it takes FOREVER!) And I truly cheris my lunch break (I hate sitting for hours on end... its rough and my breaks are sacred!) Also, my most favorite room in the building is one that I like to call the "pop room." Filled with boxes and boxes of every kind of beverage you can imagine, it's all there and its all free whenever I want it. Cuts down significantly on my Diet Coke bill. Heehee.

Here are also a couple pictures I took this week from David's baseball game and Lindsy's dance recital:

And in other news, my brother Mark comes home from his mission in San Jose California on TUESDAY! Can you believe its been two years? I can't. Sheesh. But is it lame that I'm more excited to see Rob on Thursday than I am to see my brother on Tuesday? Its only been ten-ish days since I've seen Rob, but I'm much more excited to see him on my birfday weekend than I am to see my baby brudder, whom I haven't seen for two years. Sorry, Mark! I'm just in wuv with my Robbie Baby!!

Unfortunately, I have a sinking suspicion that this weekend with Rob is going to go by MUCH faster than this week did. Grrr. Stupid time!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't believe mark's been gone two years already. Crazy. And I'm so sorry this summer's going to be so robless. Amazing what we'll do when it comes down to it, huh?

Brady and Karen said...

BBF? Best boy forever? BaBy forever? Geesh, your lingo is over my head.

I am bad with the Diet Coke, too. I have to give it up next Tuesday--it's my official quit date.