Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The thing about hair....

...is that it gets REALLY annoying once it reaches a certain length. Sure, it can be beautiful (on those rare NON bad hair days). And true, people around you will try to convince you that you have some kind of social obligation to keep said long hair once you have it. But after rolling over onto it in your sleep, catching it in your zipper EVERY time you put on a jacket or coat, going through twice as many shampoo bottles and doubling the bathroom time in the morning, you get to the point where despite said ongoing obligation to society, you just can't take it anymore! A change is in order! Yesterday, I got to that point. Actually, I've wanted to do it for a while now, kind of a "Whoo raw! I graduated from law school!" kind of thing, but I just haven't gotten around to it. And then once I got around to it--and I knew that deep down I really wanted a change--I kept having these mental up and down battles of "Do I REALLY want to cut all this off?" It was hard. I get attached to my body parts, what can I say? Heehee. BUT, in the end, I decided to do it. But of course, not to let me off too easy, as I'm standing in line at the bank RIGHT before my appointment, a bank manager passes me and tells me "Oh your hair is so beautiful and long." Sure, bring on the guilt for passing on my social obligations. But don't worry, even THAT wasn't enough to make me recant my desire to redo my "do".

BEFORE
AFTER

I happen to LOVE this new look!! Short hair is so sassy! And, might I add... it feels WONDERFUL to have all this:

off the back of my neck!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA you did it!!! It looks great!

alexandria said...

L-O-V-E IT! It reminds me of the cut in London but so much better! And your hair grows fast so whats the worry? Seriously, adorable, cute and sexy!!

Julie said...

Thanks, girlies! You're the best!

And Ash, you know you were the inspiration, OF COURSE!! And Allie, I totally know... I've had a few other people tell me the exact same thing about the London cut (only that its better)! It appears you're--as they say in the old country--"spot on!"

Sylvi said...

Awesome Julie! You look so adorable and BEAUTIFUL in your new look! But hey just so you know Julie I think you look AWESOME in any hair cut you do, great job!

Jessica said...

I'm a short hair girl so you probably know how I feel. I love short hair and like you said I think short hair is sassy and fun. Way to go! Love it!

Julie said...

Thanks Jess! And thanks for introducing me to the many possibilities of short hair in London!! ( :

Paul said...

I like it! and thats not just the little brother having to say that! at first i was questionable, but the more pictures i looked at, the more I liked it! A sophisticated, hot blonde lawyer!