Monday, March 9, 2009

The Twighlight Obsession Continues: New Moon Update

To my fellow Twilight Obsessors... I just found out this awesome news! Dakota Fanning has just been officially casted to play Jane in the New Moon movie (which is coming out this November, just in case anyone was wondering!) When I read about Jane in the books, I was picturing an adult who loooked "child-like." I didn't actually excpect them to cast someone so young. However, I really like Dakota, and I'm excited to see her in this film! I think she's going to do a great Job! I found this article online:

It's official: Dakota Fanning joins 'Twilight' sequel 'New Moon'

As previously dished by The Dish Rag, Dakota Fanning has finally gotten a role she can really sink her teeth into.

A Summit Entertainment rep confirms to People that the 15-year-old actress is officially set to star in "Twilight" sequel "New Moon."

She'll play Jane -– a particularly sinister vampire with a sweet, youthful exterior -- who is part of the Volturi branch of the bloodsucking breed.

Filming is set to begin in Vancouver this month. But Dakota's scenes may take place in Rome.

The movie hits theaters in November. (Hooray, something to live for!)

Presumably, Dakota is speed-reading the book now.

Are you happy, annoyed or just totally, like, sick of people talking about Dakota starring in "New Moon"?

Who cares! Do you?

4 comments:

Farnsaki said...

Are you happy, annoyed or just totally, like, sick of people talking about Dakota starring in "New Moon"?

hahahahahahahahaha, I don't know about you, Julie... but I'm like totally like into girls named Dakota.

Julie said...

Shut up, Aric!

Why do all boys take it personally that girls are obsessed with Twilight... somehow, I think you're all secretly jealous of Edward! HAHAHAHA!!! ( :

Kristen Cook said...

THANK YOU! I always forget to look up stuff about Twilight ... stuff ... so I'm glad you are my friend for yet another reason! You do the twilight stuff FOR me! :o) Love ya, Jules! And I'm SO excited about this! I LOVE Dakota! I think she'll be an AWESOME Jane! Woo-hoo! And I also re-read this book while we were in New York. I had read it before and I hated it, but I had friends that said it was better the second time because you knew what happened and you could get over your obsession with Edward and just read ... well, temporarily get over the obsession! So, anyway, I read it again and I absolutely LOVED it the second time! So, yeah, I'm totally stoked for this movie!!! Yea!!! Love ya!

Julie said...

Yeah, I hear ya, Kris! It was hard reading New Moon the first time because of the lack of "Edwardness" action going on. But the second time it was much better and you appreciate the Jacob story line more.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! Whooo!