Saturday, March 7, 2009

No more mooching...

So I have to be honest, the primary reason for my "slacking-no-blogging" attitude recently really all comes down to the fact that I can't mooch anymore. In an attempt to save a few bucks this year, Rob and I cut out the internet/cable bill. Rob has internet access at work, I have wireless at school, and until a couple weeks ago, there was an unsecure wireless line in my aparetment complex that I could "mooch" off of! Alas, all good things must come to an end! The unnamed, non-password protected good samaritan in my apartment complex moved (or just got smart and installed a password) so I no longer have access to internet at my apartment. Which essentially means that on the weekends (when I usually have the time to blog, etc.) I can no longer do all these things unless I want to truck it to the law school and use their wireless. That is my lame excuse for not blogging recently... HOWEVER....

I'm sitting in the Miami International Airport right now with NOTHIG to do for 8 hours (yes, you read right, 8 hours) and so I figured not would be a good time to actually install another blog post!

So this week, I was a slacker, and I'm not talking about blog slacking. I'm talking about law school slacking! I'm pretty sure that Dean Pierce (who we have nick named "Chicken Little," because the sky is always falling) would probably blow a gasket if she found out why I skipped school all this week. But it was worth it, right? I mean, how many of you would pass up an all expense paid cruise in the Caribbean to go to a week of law school?!

Yeah, that's what I thought. I figured I made the right decision to go ( : So Rob and I spent the week in the Caribbean with my family. It an office trip that my Dad and his partner took the work crew on (kind of an office bonus) and Dad decided to bring the whole gang. As a result, this was our home for the past week:
(see all the masses of people moving like cattle off the boat! "Mooooo" Haha!)

We started in Miami:

And hit up Puerto Rico: St. Martin (this hotel's cliffside suites go for about $8,500 per night!! Can you say, "only for the rich and famous?!"): And Haiti (it was rainy and cloudy that day, but still very beautiful):
What made this trip especially fun was that my dad's sisters came! I haven't seen Auntie Sonja or Vicki since I was 10. I quickly discovered where my crazy side came from. Its all making sense now! I got it from my dad's side... it must have been a recessive gene in him, but Sonja and Vicki definitely got it! They were so much fun! We definitely come from the same mold! My cousins Shaun and Tony came as well. Here is a picture of them at dinner. They are the two guys in this picture that are NOT Rob... who thinks its funny to try and stick his head in EVERY single picture I take....
Shaun also brought his wife, Cristi and his daughter Jasmine (both of whom I've never met). It was so fun to hang out with them and get to know them better!

Anyway, we had a good time...
... but we are glad to be getting back into the swing of normal life!

More pictures and fun to come later!!

4 comments:

Farnsaki said...

I'm sitting in the Miami International Airport right now with NOTHING to do for 8 hours. Awwwww, poor Julie. Life is so hard when you have to be in Miami.... Look dude. Bored in an airport or not, you were in Miami!!! I'm in Provo... still! You're cruise looks bodacious. Wanna trade lives??

Julie said...

Okay, so you have a point. Maybe Miami isn't as bad as law school. Still, it WAS on a Saturday... and like it or not, sitting in an airport for 8 hours on a SATURDAY isn't exactly the best use of weekend free time.

However, I suppose its a small price to pay for a cruise, eh? ( :

Kristen Cook said...

So I'm totally jealous ... again ... that's why I was in Texas for a week and a half ... I was watching Brooke's kids while Brooke, her husband, his parents and my parents all went on a cruise, too! I wonder if you guys were together on the cruise and didn't even realize it! :o) I'm so jealous! And by-the-way, I, AGAIN, LOVE the picture at the top of the blog ... and the last picture on this post! You're hot, girl! :o)

Julie said...

Thanks, Kris!!

And Brooke TOTALLY owes you for that one... seriously. You and Jordan need a break now!