Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tornado Touchdown

Yesterday I had another experience with new Nebraska weather--the kind we don't get back west. This winter it was freezing rain, this spring, it's tornados!! Never a dull moment for weather in NE. This is not an actual picture of the tornados (yes, there was more than one!) that touched down in the Lincoln/Omaha area, but they looked something like this. The sky was this exact same color of black/grey nastiness. It was intense! The tornados touched down on the East side of Lincoln, farther away from where I live, more into the farming area on the outskirts. I was kind of disapointed that I didn't get to see them, I wanted my own picture! But, oh well, it's probably safer that way, eh?!

3 comments:

Alice said...

Yeah it's safer that way, but it's way more exciting to see one in person!(I've seen two that I can remember) I'm sure you'll get your chance though :)

Jessica said...

Yay! We can see your blog again! ;-) Crazy all the weather you are experiencing. Tornadoes have been one of my long time fears; you are so brave to live in the midwest! Good luck with the CCC recipe. I was amazed that these don't turn into cowpies myself. Let us know how it goes.

alexandria said...

What is with the crazy weather in these new places we live?!