Saturday, December 13, 2008

More good books

Every time I finish a good book I just want to tell everyone to go out and read it! It's like I'm so excited about reading it that I want everyone to be excited about it. You think misery loves company? Well excitment loves company too!! Anyway to get to the point, I just read another fabulous book. It is Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy: I've actually only read the first one, but I'm thinking about waiting until AFTER finals to start the next one. It's too addicting! Screw being a vampire... I want to be a mistborn! ( :

And, of course, this is still in addition to my last recommendation, The Hunger Games. Luckily, thought, the Mistborn series is complete, and you won't have to wait on the edge of your seat for the next addition.

Happy reading! ( :

3 comments:

Kristen Cook said...

I cannot tell you how happy I am that you read so many books and tell everyone about them! Since you liked the Twilight series, I know that I will most-likely like the other books you read (other than the law books for school) :o) and I get so excited when you tell about a new one! I've already added Hunger Games to my Christmas list! :o) I'll have to add these ones! Just wondering, too, have you read The Host? I didn't know if we've talked about that one yet or not ... and if you haven't read it, GET READING! I LOVED it! I left it in Poky for Brian to read and I'm regreting that! I want to read it again even though I finished it only days before we left to come to New York! Anyway - you asked how Lexi picked up "Stitches". Well, Lexi has this stuffed Monkey that she is OBSESSED with! She HAS to sleep with it every night and she just LOVES monkeys! That was the first animal sound she learned. So, this stuffed monkey was just a cheapy at some grocery store and popped a seam within a few days of having it. I just sewed him back up and while I was doing that, we were thinking of a name for it. Thus, Stitches was born! :o) I love when she says it! Like most words, she can't pronounce every letter yet! It's so sweet! ANYway! This comment is like a freakin' novel! Maybe you'll like it as much as Hunger Games and what not! :o) LOVE YA!!! Ps. Tell me about any and every good book you've read! I am really wanting to start a collection of good books! :o) Thnx!

Larkin Family said...

I love getting referrals to read good books...thanks! I actually just finished reading "Gone with the Wind" yesterday and I absolutely loved it...and I highly recommend it!

Natalie and Steve said...

I'll have to check that out. I enjoyed the Fablehaven series if you need something besides law books to read.