Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Three Firsts...

This morning I awoke to something cool and soft brushing against my face. I thought I was dreaming and was about to turn over and go back to sleep when the soft, cool touch brushed my face again. Curious this time, I opened my eyes. To my absolute delight, my wonderful husband Rob was leaning over me with a long stemmed rose in his hand. The soft, cool touch happened to be the rose petals brushing my face. He bent down and whisphered softly in my ear... "bet you've never been woken up by rose petals before." I had to admit, I never have. It was a first for me.... The first time I have been awakened by the touch of a soft, velvety rose gently caressing my face... (how's that for good descriptive writing, eh?) Have I mentioned that I have the best husband ever?!

On a less mushy and romantic note... it snowed today!! Which would make it the first time it has snowed in Nebraska while I have been living here! Another first! I love the snow... Isn't it beautiful? I think so. It pretty much dumped on us all day long. The roads are very slippery and it is freezing outside (I'm talkin' about -10 farenhiet... yeah... COLD!) but it is so beautiful! Like a sparkling white wonderland. Have I mentioned I love the snow?

Today is also the first day I have been locked out of this apartment. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Rob is very forgetful, so I always make sure that he has his keys before I lock the door behind me. He's not going to let me forget it that I locked myself out today... the person who never forgets her keys forgot her keys today...grr... my pride definitely took a fall on that one! I'm sorry that it also had to happen during this ridiculously cold wheather! Luckily I was wearing a very warm coat ( :

They say that there is a first time for everything, and those are my three firsts for today!

2 comments:

Kristen Cook said...

Thanks for all the books! You're awesome. And I'm the SAME way! I LOVE new books and I have to have all the books in the same series the same, too. When I got Twilight, I could only get paper-back. When I went to get New Moon and Eclipse, I could only find hard-cover! It drove me CRAZY, so I actually gave the paper-back to Kaitlyn and I went and bought another Twilight in hard-cover ... Yeah, I'm a loser! :o)

Wow, that picture of the snowy tree is SO beautiful! I couldn't stop looking at that picture. And, wow, your husband is a stud muffin and a half! :o) Lucky, Julie!!!

:o) LOVE YA!

Sylvi said...

Thats so cute! I hope my husband doesn't those kind of things for me! We have been dumped with snow the last like week too! I can't believe that you locked yourself out! Ha! Thats a first! I love you!