Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ode to Thanksgiving Break...

Well after Rob's rather embarrassing post.... I figured I had better set the record straight. No, he isn't fat, he just wanted to stuff pillows in his shirt to make him look fat. When I wanted him to contribute to the blog I didn't really have that in mind. Oh well. Such is life. Beggars can't be choosers, I suppose ( :

A highlight of our trip to Utah was the BYU/Utah game! Alright, so maybe that wasn't such a good game.... Rob so appropriately labeled it as a "Maxacure." This is appropriate because anyone who saw the game can attest to the fact that BYU's quarter back, Max Hall, was probably the best player on the field--for Utah. Shucks. Kiss the Hiesman goodbye, Hall... grr. The worst part about losing the Utah game at Utah is the humiliating walk back to the car. And not only were Paul and I wearing blue, but we were kind of asking for it... big time... as you can see from out chosen apparel for the evening:
"Asking" probably isn't the right word... "demanding" is probably more appropriate. I kept trying to figure out ways to make a Utah person throw the first punch so that I could claim self defense in court, but those Utah people are smarter than they let on--despite the large quantities of alcohol they were consuming. And in the end, we all made it out of the stadium alive. Yay.


Another motivation to keep out of jail after the Utah game was that we went to see Twilight afterwards! I was pretty sure our jailer wouldn't let us out to see the movie, so that was another carrot to avoiding major brawls with the utes. I don't care what any of you "Twiligh-is-so-stupid-and-way-too-sappy-and-so-dumb-and-I-hate-Edward-Cullen" people say.... it was AMAZING! I've seen it twice already, and I loved it more the second time (if you can believe that). My favorite scene was the baseball game!! You Twilighters know what I'm talking about... that scene was the best!! It totally rocked!

The only complaint I have with the movie, is that I wish they would have spent more time developing the vampire family. One of the things I love most about the books is the development of the individual vampires. I love hearing their stories. I felt like the movie didn't touch on that enough. I want more vampire!! Maybe we'll get more of that in the next movie. Cross your fingers!!

We also went and saw our cute little niece and nephews! Here's Rob and I with the twins, Sophie and Johnathan:
Sophie is so chunky! She looks like a little cabbage patch doll! And Jonathan has the goofiest ears ever! They are so cute! But apparently they didn't enjoy smiling for the camera. Apparenly Aunt Julie and Uncle Robo don't come around enough. They were scared of us at first.

Then Johnathan discovered my "bling," and we were best friends after that. Apparently sparkly metalic necklaces taste good...
Rob bonding with Johnathan:
Rob bonding with Sophie:


While we were in Utah we also went down to Provo to explore our old trompin' grounds.

And of course, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat at our favorite greasy restaurant: Stans. All you Provo-ites who have not eaten there must do so! Its the broken down shack accross from Gold's Gym on 9th East. Trust me. You might gain 5 pounds eating there, but it's worth it!



Then we had family pictures with my family. They decided that since Rob and I were going to be in UT for Thanksgiving, they might as well come down too. Ahh... see, people love us!! ( : hee, hee! Here are some of the goofy shots we took after the picture taking session was finally over.

Paul was picking on me... I hate that he's bigger than me now. You totally lose your edge as a big sister once your sibblings get taller and stronger than you.






Isn't Robbie handsome?! I think so!! ( :


Then after a long break in Utah, we stopped in Denver on the way back to Nebraska to see Rob and Allie. It was SOOOOO good to see them again! I miss you guys! Hopefully we'll live by each other someday so we don't have to drive so far to see each other ( :

Anyway, I'm getting pretty tired of blgging at the moment, so I think I'm going to stop now. (I told you, I get bored really easily!) That's our trip to Utah in a nutshell. Just three more weeks and we get to go to Idaho for Christmas break!! ('cept this time we won't be driving... halelujiah! [or however you spell that...])

Love you all! And happy belated Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Kristen Cook said...

I'm with ya on the Twilight thingy! :o) I've been thinking - Maybe too many people who had read the books had different expectations ... I don't understand why - the movie was 100% what I pictured in my head as I read the books! So I was wondering if someone who hadn't read the books watched it, how they'd feel. We have a family-friend here in New York that went and watched it this past weekend ... there are now officially two new Twilight freaks in the world! YEA!!! They loved it. So I agree with you ... all you stupid-I-hated-Twilight-people out there ... go to ... heck! :o) That took a LOT of effort to say heck! :o)

Love ya, Julie!!!

Ps. I can't believe how old kids in your family are!!! I was looking at the kid pictures and I didn't even recognize Lisa! Holy crap, she's so grown up! She's BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow! :o)

Kristen Cook said...

So ... if you're saying that Taylor Swift is sexy ... that's saying a lot for me, isn't it?! :o) I think you missed the whole point of that email!!! :o) Just kidding ... who AM I kidding?!? Taylor Swift IS hot!!! :o)